Financial liaison in the Cancer Center at CHOP
Understanding insurance coverage and financial obligations for a child’s cancer treatment can be challenging, especially during such an overwhelming and vulnerable time. CHOP’s oncology financial liaison is an invaluable resource for each family treated at the Cancer Center.
The oncology financial liaison meets with every family within 30 days of a new diagnosis, and acts as an internal advocate for the family in matters such as:
- Understanding your health insurance and, if issues arise, working with CHOP’s insurance specialists on your behalf
- Acquiring any needed documentation
- Monitoring insurance coverage in regard to new treatment procedures and helping to switch your coverage if needed
- Understanding options if out-of-pocket costs are too high
- Resolving billing issues by working directly with CHOP’s Billing Department
CHOP’s oncology financial liaison offers you peace of mind outside of clinical care so you can focus on your child. The liaison’s services are available only to families who have gone through the oncology intake process and have decided to be treated at CHOP.
Contact the oncology financial liaison: email@example.com
“Without your help I would have been lost. My family had so many questions ... but thanks to you we were able to get a clear understanding of our coverage and learn about assistance that could help our family.”
Government assistance programs
Government and foundation programs can help with some of the expenses associated with a child’s cancer treatment. Learn more about these programs.
Family Health Coverage Program
At Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, we are committed to providing medically necessary and lifesaving services to all pediatric patients, regardless of a family’s ability to pay. The aim of our Department of Family Health Coverage Program is to help uninsured and underinsured families get the financial assistance they need. Learn more about the Family Health Coverage Program.