A video presentation by Julia Shaklee Sammons, MD MSCE, on Pediatric Clostridium difficile Infection, from the CHOP Medical Seminar in Salzburg, Austria, June 22-28, 2014.
At the end of this session, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the microbiology and pathogenesis of C. difficile infection (CDI), including contributing factors to development of disease
- Describe the changing epidemiology of CDI, including risk factors in children
- Understand the difference between C. difficile colonization and infection
- Understand pitfalls in diagnosis of CDI
- Identify treatment options for pediatric CDI
Related Centers and Programs: CHOP Online Pediatric Education Network (OPEN), Division of Infectious Diseases