International Leaders in Research
The Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is dedicated to applying research findings to outstanding patient care. Through collaboration and innovation, the Division conducts research studies to better understand diseases, advance current treatments, develop new therapies, and find cures for conditions. We have published approximately 450 papers in the past four years.
As world leaders in cutting-edge research, our efforts and resources are committed to maximizing the impact on improving the health and well-being of children and their families.
Our research models
The Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition’s investigative efforts focus on the following areas of interest:
- Celiac disease
- Eosinophilic disorders
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Integrative health
- Intestinal rehabilitation
- Liver (Alagille syndrome, biliary atresia, liver transplant, viral hepatitis)
- Motility disorders
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Nutrition (growth, development, and malnutrition)
- Pancreas disorders
The division’s location within a hospital environment provides valuable resources to conducting successful clinical research.
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute is a facility specifically dedicated to the administration of all research conducted at CHOP.
- CHOP’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) ensures the protection of subjects in compliance with federal law.
- The clinical laboratory facilities at CHOP are state accredited by the College of American Pathologists and certified by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Clinical research finder tool
To learn more about the current and ongoing clinical trials at CHOP, please use our Clinical Research Finder tool. When accessing the tool, please use as many search terms as possible to learn about various studies.
If you are interested in learning about new opportunities to participate in research, you can also sign up for our research participant registry.
Publications and research excellence
View highlights of recent publications from the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
Student research support
The Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition promotes a training environment for student researchers. Student researchers support our basic, clinical and translational research projects by providing a number of essential tasks.
If you are interested in participating in one of our projects as a student researcher, please fill out this form. If your qualifications match the needs of our investigators and study teams, we may contact you. If you have any questions, please contact Ariel Myatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.