Preparing for Your Child’s Infectious Disease Clinic Visit
Who you’ll meet
When your child comes for an appointment with our Infectious Disease Clinic, you will see one of our experienced and knowledgeable physicians. Your child’s care team may also include other expert caregivers, including advanced practice providers, nurses, and residents or fellows. Explore our team page to see some of the names and faces you may meet during your visit.
Directions, parking and arrival
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment to check in. Please note, if you are 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
- For directions to and maps of our Main Hospital, parking information and other resources such as food options, please visit our Visitor Resources page.
- If you have been instructed to send records or paperwork prior to your child’s appointment, you may fax it to 267-876-2203. If you’re unsure of where to send paperwork or have any questions about your child’s appointment, please call our main number 267-425-3377.
- Please remember to bring the following to your child's appointment
- Insurance card
- A referral and co-pay, if required by your insurance
- When you arrive in the specialty clinic reception area, check in with the desk staff. At check-in, new patients will be asked to complete a patient history form. After you check in, a medical assistant will take your child’s vital signs and will escort you to an exam room.
During your child’s appointment
- Your child will be seen by a member of our outpatient team.
- New patients can expect a 60-minute visit; established patients can expect a 30-minute visit.
- Everything will be explained to you and your child before it happens. The clinicians will review your child’s medical history with you and examine your child.
After your visit
- An After-Visit Summary will be available in MyCHOP.
- Your physician will let you know if a follow-up appointment is required. If you need to schedule a follow-up appointment, you can do so in MyCHOP or by calling 267-425-3377.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia participates with most of the major local insurance companies. To confirm that we participate with your insurance carrier, please contact our Billing and Insurance department.
If you have an out-of-network insurance, your visit will require an authorization or you will be responsible for payment of services. Please have your primary care physician contact your insurance company to obtain an authorization.