Fontan Rehabilitation, Wellness, Activity and Resilience Development (FORWARD) Program
The Fontan Rehabilitation, Wellness, Activity and Resilience Development (FORWARD) Program at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) provides specialized care, evaluations and ongoing monitoring for patients with single ventricle heart defects and Fontan circulation to build resilience and improve the quality and duration of their lives.
For nearly four decades, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) has been a pioneer in treating children with single ventricle heart disease. We've performed more than 1,700 Fontan procedures to reconstruct the hearts of children born with only a single pumping heart chamber.
Related Programs and Services
- Cardiac Kids Developmental Follow-up Program
- Cardiovascular Exercise Physiology Laboratory
- Center for Lymphatic Imaging and Interventions
- Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Fetal Heart Program
- Immunology Program
- Infant Single Ventricle Monitoring Program
- Philadelphia Adult Congenital Heart Center
Our FORWARD Program includes a multidisciplinary team of experts that specialize in the long-term care and development of individuals with single ventricle heart defects and Fontan circulation. We provide rehabilitation, wellness, activity and resilience development to patients, and continue to research new ways to improve their long-term quality of life.