Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
The Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (PCCM) is committed to providing patients and families with the advanced care and treatment we would want for our own loved ones. We are a diverse group of clinicians committed to improving outcomes for children recovering from critical pediatric illnesses and supporting families through their child’s hospitalization. We take pride in our collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to care, working hard to provide support and guidance to families throughout their child's journey. We do this with clear communication, thorough explanations, emotional support and personalized care plans.
Our division – part of the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine – is devoted to advancing healthcare through discovery. Our passion lies in innovation – it is the fuel that drives our clinical, educational, research, safety and quality improvement programs. Our distinguished team of physicians and clinician-scientists continuously explore breakthrough treatments and advancements in pediatric critical care. We offer state-of-the-art supportive therapies and opportunities for participation in interventional trials. In addition, our unwavering dedication to medical education fosters a nurturing environment that shapes the future of pediatric critical care.
Our PCCM “family” combines expertise, innovation, dedication and compassion to create an environment unrivaled in its ability to advance the field of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
Programs and Services
- CCM Education Program
- Focused Ultrasound Education (FUSED) Program
- Pediatric Sepsis Program
- Academy for Resuscitation Program
- Resuscitation Science Center
- CCM Safety and Quality Improvement Program
- Pediatric Neurocritical Care Program
- CCM Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Simulation, innovation and Advanced Education
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: ECMO Center
- Recovery and Return Clinic
- Justin Michael Ingerman Center for Palliative Care
- Center for Pediatric Clinical Effectiveness (CPCE)
- Jill and Mark Fishman Center for Lymphatic Disorders
- Trauma Center
- Precision Immunology and Measuring Immune Health
- CHOP Global Health Center
- Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics