This online symptom checker can help you make informed decisions about what level of medical care your child may need, if any, and steps you can take to relieve symptoms at home. If your child has medical risk factors such as a weakened immune system or surgery in last 7 days, please contact your child’s specialist.
At CHOP Primary Care, Broomall, PA, we are committed to providing the highest quality pediatric care to children in Delaware County and the surrounding areas. Our office is in Marple Commons, across the street from the Lawrence Park Shopping Center. Part of the CHOP Care Network, our practice provides comprehensive primary care from birth through young adulthood, delivered in a comfortable, family-friendly environment. Families can call and speak with a nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for any questions or concerns. Sick children can be seen when needed in any of our three associated CHOP Primary Care locations — Drexel Hill, Broomall and Media — even after hours and on weekends. We look forward to partnering with you to help your kids stay their healthiest.
It is understandable to have fears about going to the doctor's office in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, but it's more important than ever to make sure your child visits the doctor. Please don't delay care. We have many precautions in place to keep you and your child safe. Read about what to expect when you come to one of our primary care offices.
Pediatric Health Tips
Help keep your family healthy and safe with kids health and wellness information from the experts at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. You can also browse information about caring for your baby, toddler, preschooler, school-age child or teenager.
- Right Care, Right Place: Where to Turn When Your Child Is Sick
- What to Do If You Suspect the Flu
- My Child Has a Fever: What Should I Do?
- Calming Your Child's Cough
- How to Treat RSV at Home and When to Go to the Doctor
- Upper Respiratory Infection (URI or Common Cold)
- COVID-19 or the Flu: How to Tell the Difference
- Why It's Important to Be Up to Date on Vaccines
- Should My Child Get the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- How to Stock Your Medicine Cabinet Like a Pediatrician
- Baby Formula Shortage: What Families Need to Know
- Vision’s Connection to Learning Problems: Keep an Eye Out for These Signs
- Emergency Department (ER) or Pediatric Urgent Care?
- New School Year, New Germs: How to Manage Frequent Illness This School Year
- Making Vaccines Less Stressful: Tips to Comfort Babies and Toddlers Before, During and After Vaccinations
- How to Survive When a Stomach Bug Hits your Household
- My Child Tested Positive for COVID-19: What Do I Do Now?
- Vitamin D Supplements: What Parents Should Know
- Separation Anxiety: What’s Normal and When to Worry
- How to Help Children Grieve
- Sleep Tips for All Ages and Stages
- Scoliosis: Early Detection Matters
Our team of experienced, board-certified pediatricians offer the best available primary care services to your child.
Patient Family Resources
These are some of the most frequently accessed resources for families receiving care at CHOP.