Medical Financial Partnership
At Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), we aim to provide care in a comprehensive way. That means not only providing healthcare for your family, but also supporting financial health. CHOP has partnered with several community organizations to offer high-quality services to help families build their wealth — and thereby improve their health. Services are available through virtual consultations and, when circumstances again permit, at the Nicholas and Athena Karabots Pediatric Care Center.
It’s important for families to claim all the tax deductions and credits for which they are eligible.
- Campaign for Working Families (CWF) offers IRS-certified, free basic income tax return preparation.
- Haven’t received either COVID-19 stimulus check? CWF can help!
- Services are available, generally, to people who make $66,000 or less, persons with disabilities and taxpayers with limited English who need help preparing their returns.
Whether you’re struggling to manage your finances or could use advice to get to the next level of financial stability, counseling can help.
- Clarifi offers free financial counseling to help you improve your credit score, reduce debt or get back on track with rent or mortgage payments.
- Fill out the form showing your interest and our financial counselor will get in touch.
College Savings Plans
Your family may have $100 waiting for you to claim for your child’s higher education costs.
- Through the Keystone Scholars Program, Pennsylvania is giving $100 for every baby born to or adopted by a family after Dec. 31, 2018, to be used for your baby’s future higher education expenses - including tuition, fees, books, and more at a vocational or technical school, community college, two-year college, or four-year university
- Clarifi can help you get signed up!
Learn more about the Medical Financial Partnership's development and impact here.