Medical Financial Partnership
At Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), we aim to provide care in a comprehensive way. That means not only providing healthcare for your family, but also supporting financial health. CHOP has partnered with several community organizations to offer high-quality services to help families build their wealth — and thereby improve their health. Services are available through virtual consultations and, when circumstances again permit, at the Nicholas and Athena Karabots Pediatric Care Center.
It’s important for families to claim all the tax deductions and credits for which they are eligible.
- Campaign for Working Families (CWF) offers IRS-certified, free basic income tax return preparation.
- Services are available, generally, to people who make $66,000 or less, persons with disabilities and taxpayers with limited English who need help preparing their returns.
- You may be eligible for up to $6000 in refund dollars! In 2020, our clients received an average refund of $2,327!
Ready to file?
- The entire tax preparation process can be completed at the Nicholas and Athena Karabots Pediatric Care Center. We can help with taxes from past years, too, if you haven't filed!
- Appointments are available January – April, Tuesday/Thursday, 5-7pm and Saturday, 9am-1pm. Note: Walk-ins are accepted based on availability only. Appointments are strongly encouraged.
Be sure to bring all your tax documents to your appointment!
Whether you’re struggling to manage your finances or striving for the next level of financial stability, counseling can help.
- Clarifi offers free financial counseling to help you improve your credit score, reduce debt, get back on track with rent or mortgage payments, or become a homeowner.
- Fill out the form below showing your interest and our financial counselor will get in touch within 48 hours.
College Savings Plans
Your family may have $100 waiting for you to claim for your child’s higher education costs.
- Through the Keystone Scholars Program, Pennsylvania is giving $100 for every baby born to or adopted by a family after Dec. 31, 2018, to be used for your baby’s future higher education expenses - including tuition, fees, books, and more at a vocational or technical school, community college, two-year college, or four-year university
- Our resource navigator can help you sign up! Fill out the interest form HERE for assistance.
Learn more about the Medical Financial Partnership's development and impact here.
Public Benefits Navigation
CHOP offers free 1-on-1 support to ensure CHOP families receive all their public benefits. Appointments take 20-30 minutes to check to see if families qualify for up to 29 different federal, state, and county benefits. CHOP works with Benefits Data Trust (BDT) to offer this service.
- Benefits include food assistance, renters’ or homeowners’ assistance, utilities support, and childcare subsidies.
- Explore what benefits you may be eligible for with our Benefits Launch Express tool.
- Our resource navigators are trained to help you with benefits applications and answer your questions throughout the sign-up process.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us directly: 215-680-7381