About the Department of Nursing & Clinical Care Services
The Department of Nursing & Clinical Care Services at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is committed to excellence by delivering high-quality and safe care to our patients and family while advancing our education and research missions. Our department is made up of six disciplines, including:
- Center for Advanced Practice: Advanced practice providers (APRNs, CRNPs, CRNAs, CNMs, CNSs, PAs) have the experience needed to provide specialized, expert care to all of our different patient populations.
- Child Life, Education and Creative Arts Therapy: Members of the Child Life team provide age-appropriate and therapeutic play, art therapy, music therapy, education, pet therapy, and so much more.
- Clinical Nutrition: The Clinical Nutrition Department provides comprehensive nutrition consultation services for patients of all ages, in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Department of Respiratory Care: Our respiratory therapists are graduates from accredited programs by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC).
- Nursing: Nursing at CHOP is recognized for excellence through our designation as a Magnet institution by the American Nurses Credentialing Center — a distinction held by less than 6 percent of healthcare institutions nationwide.
- Neurodiagnostics: Services provided include both outpatient neurodiagnostic electroencephalographic (EEG) procedures and inpatient neurodiagnostic epilepsy monitoring.
We are committed to highly reliable, safe patient care and to achieve excellent value-based outcomes for patients and families. The care we provide is family centered and our partnerships with patients and their families are paramount to our practice.
Our vision is to be a global leader of innovative care consistent with the CHOP’s mission. This care is provided by highly engaged and inspired CHOP nurses, respiratory therapists, neurodiagnostic and other health professionals. We lead at all levels. We are early adopters of science and technology that enhances patient care outcomes.
Integrity: We exhibit strong moral principles when interacting with others from all backgrounds. We treat patients, families, the community and ourselves with honesty, fairness and respect.
Teamwork: We collaborate and communicate clearly with colleagues and families to provide safe, effective care and achieve exemplary patient outcomes.
Compassion: We support our culture of sensitivity, caring, dignity and respect for our diverse population of patients, families, colleagues and community.
Accountability: We deliver the best care to our patients, families and members of the community. We accept responsibility for our own actions regardless of outcomes and hold our colleagues to the same standard.
Professionalism: We serve as fully engaged advocates for patients, families, peers and the profession.