About the Dermatology Section
Children and adolescents with a wide variety of dermatological conditions can find the care they need at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Dermatology Section.
Our team of pediatric dermatologists offers diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute disorders affecting the skin, from the routine to the rare. We have special expertise in:
- Atopic eczema
- Genetic skin disorders
- Molluscum and warts
- Port wine stains
- Other vascular anomalies
Our team includes full-time pediatric dermatologists, a pediatric dermatopathologist and physician assistants.
Over the past year, we had more than 16,400 outpatient visits and more than 740 inpatient consults.
What we offer
- Diagnosis and treatment of hereditary and/or congenital skin diseases in children
- Pulsed tunable dye laser for treatment of port wine stains, hemangiomas, telangiectasias and other vascular anomalies
- Excimer laser for treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune skin disorders, such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, vitiligo and alopecia areata
- Surgical removal of skin lesions, including atypical moles or other birthmarks, under local or general anesthesia or with sedation as needed
- Laser hair removal
- Specialized skin cultures: bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic
Here at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, your child also has access to interdisciplinary teledermatology services, as well as dedicated clinics for pediatric hair disorders, contact dermatitis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, genetic skin diseases, allergic skin diseases, vascular anomalies and epidermolysis bullosa.