With the FDA's recent extension of Pfizer-BioNTech’s emergency use authorization (EUA), U.S. individuals ages 12 and up are now eligible for a COVID-19 booster dose as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Boosters may be received according to the following timeline:
- Five months after completing the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna primary vaccine series (two doses)
- Two months after receiving a single dose of the J&J vaccine
PLEASE NOTE: Patients under the age of 18 can only receive the Pfizer vaccine
CHOP's vaccine distribution plans for booster shots: Current status
At this time, eligible CHOP Primary Care patients ages 12 and up can receive their COVID-19 vaccine booster shot in one of two ways:
- At designated vaccination hubs held at select CHOP Primary Care offices. Vaccines are available by appointment only.
- Depending on vaccine supply, boosters may also be available at your CHOP Primary Care office during acute care or routine, pre-scheduled well visits.
If you are not currently a CHOP Primary Care patient, please talk to your child's personal primary care physician about the COVID-19 booster. The Vaccines.gov Vaccine Finder may also help you locate a Pfizer vaccine program near you as they become available.
How to schedule an appointment
- Eligible CHOP Primary Care patients may schedule a booster appointment online using the patient’s MyCHOP account.
- Log in to MyCHOP and choose the eligible patient’s profile. Click “Menu” > “Schedule an Appointment” > “Care Network (Primary Care)” > "COVID Vaccine.”
- Check back frequently for additional appointments slots and vaccination clinic updates.
- If you don’t have an active MyCHOP account, use the "book now" links below to schedule at one of our convenient vaccine hub locations.
Remember: You’ll need to bring the patient’s vaccination card or a photo of the card to the booster appointment.