Waterproof Cast Liners
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) now offers our patients and families the option of choosing a waterproof cast liner as an alternative to the traditional cotton cast liner.
Benefits of a waterproof cast liner
- Children can swim, bathe, wash their hands and exercise as they normally would, without the need for a cast cover.
- Smoother liner material lessens skin itchiness and provides enhanced comfort.
- Breakthrough material keeps skin dryer by allowing water, moisture and perspiration to evaporate.
- Lasts longer and eliminates the need for recasting due to water damage.
- Children can thoroughly wash and flush dirt and sweat from the skin under the cast, resulting in decreased odor and better skin condition.
Available at multiple CHOP locations
Waterproof liners are available for all cast types (other than postoperative cases) and at all of the CHOP casting locations listed below.
- Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care, Philadelphia
- CHOP Specialty Care & Surgery Center, King of Prussia
- CHOP Specialty Care & Surgery Center, Brandywine Valley
- CHOP Specialty Care & Surgery Center, Bucks County
- CHOP Specialty Care Center, Virtua, Voorhees
- CHOP Specialty Care Center, Atlantic County
- CHOP Specialty Care Center, Princeton at Plainsboro
For more information, please consult your child’s doctor.