About the Home Care Specialty Pharmacy
Through CHOP’s Home Care Specialty Pharmacy, you can expect:
- Personalized patient care — Our specialty trained staff members will work with you to discuss your treatment plan, and we will address any questions or concerns you may have. Specialty patients will be automatically enrolled in the Patient Management Program. The program provides patients with training, education and counseling.
- Collaboration with your doctor — We will work directly with your doctors and caregivers to make sure any difficulties you may be having with your treatments are addressed immediately. We will also provide coordination of prior authorizations with your insurance company.
- Regular follow-up — Getting your medications and medical supplies quickly and efficiently is important. We will be in close contact with you during your treatment, provide refill reminders, and will be your healthcare advocate.
- Insurance benefits — Treatment can be costly, and we will help you navigate through the complexities of the healthcare system to explore every option available to you. Our relationships with insurers will help provide you with information and explanations of your prescription and medical insurance benefits.
- Delivery — We offer fast and convenient delivery to your home, workplace, or the location you prefer. A staff member will contact you 7-10 days prior to your refill due date to coordinate the medications you need, update your medical and insurance records, and set up a delivery date.
- 24/7 support — Clinically-trained personnel are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays and weekends. We are always here to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have.