Our team in the Pediatric Headache Program is working on several research studies related to pediatric headaches including:
- Development of a Pediatric Headache Registry at CHOP, with the goal of expanding it into a National Pediatric Headache Registry. Information gathered here will help us to improve diagnosis and treatment for all children with headaches.
- Pilot study of yoga and group cognitive behavioral therapy for treatment of headaches.
- Review of the effects of treatments given in the emergency department and inpatient settings for headache.
- Retrospective and prospective studies of the effect of nerve blocks on headaches.
- Comparison of headache characteristics and MRI findings in children with pseudotumor cerebri syndrome and children who do not meet the criteria for that diagnosis.
- Clinical trials of new headache therapies.