Published on in CHOP News
From May 5 – 8, 2018, representatives from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) will be in attendance for the 2018 Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting in Toronto.
Find us at booth #918. Stop by to pick up materials with new details about our research, clinical programs and more.
We thank you for your ongoing partnership and look forward to seeing you in California!
Join Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia alumni for a reception on Saturday, May 5, 2018, 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., at the Fairmont Royal York, Confederation Room 3.
The reception is hosted by Joseph W. St. Geme III, MD, Physician-in-Chief; Chair, Department of Pediatrics, and Cindy W. Christian, MD, President of the Alumni Organization.
Please RSVP by Friday, April 20, 2018, by calling 267-426-6457 or via email at email@example.com. Please indicate number of those attending and their names.
CHOP experts at PAS
Many faculty and staff will be in Toronto to represent Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, both at the booth, as participants and as speakers and presenters. Highlights include:
- Danielle Cullen, MD, MPH — Food Insecurity and Resource Engagement: How Can We Close the Gap?
- Nadia Dowshen, MD, MSHP — Trends in Prevalence of Medical Claims Related to Gender Dysphoria among Children and Adolescents in the US from 2010 to 2014
- Jeffrey Gerber, MD, PhD — Antibiotic Stewardship Interventions to Address Allergy Labels in Pediatric Outpatients
- Kathleen Chiotos, MD — Fighting Back: New Antibiotics, New Diagnostics, and Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Siobhan Gruschow, MPH, MEd — Pediatric Primary Care Provider Knowledge, Attitudes, and Skills in Caring for Transgender Youth
- Scott Lorch, MD, MSCE — The Impact of Interventions on Mitigating Health Disparities in the Neonatal Population
- Christina Master, MD, FAAP, CAQSM — Risk and Youth Sports Participation
Resources for clinicians
- Clinical pathways
- Continuing medical education, including online CMEs
- Fellowships and training programs
- Up-to-date vaccine information and educational materials from the Vaccine Education Center
- Resources by clinical specialty, including referral guidelines, diagnostic algorithms and tools for managing specific conditions
- Latest in research and clinical care from our Frontier Programs, including:
Visit www.chop.edu/professionals for more. If you have questions or would like to request any educational materials, please contact us at any time.
Below are just a few of our many educational videos developed for both physicians and patient families. Check out our YouTube channel for a full library of videos from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Watch CHOP physicians demonstrate how to perform specific evaluations on children and teens. Topics include abdominal exams, evaluations for concussion and stroke, exam of normal and abnormal thyroid, and a variety of orthopedic exams.
A library of videos produced or recommended by CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center answer common questions about vaccines. Topics include age groups and vaccines, safety and science, recent vaccine developments, the HPV vaccine and more.
Have a question about CHOP’s participation at PAS? Email PhysicianReferralSer@email.chop.edu.
To refer a patient, get a second opinion, or for a general conversation with a CHOP specialist, call our clinician priority line at 1-800-879-2467 (1-800-TRY-CHOP) and press 2 to speak directly with a provider.
You can also reach us via email at TryCHOP@email.chop.edu or fax at 1-844-329-2467 (1-844-FAX-CHOP).
For International Patient Services, call 001-267-426-6298 or contact us online by filling out our International Medicine appointments and questions form.
Stay connected: sign up for newsletters
Get the latest news from our clinical departments and leadership, and hear about upcoming professional education opportunities in our monthly e-newsletter, Pediatric Partners.
Sign up for email updates from Physician Referral Services.