From May 6 – 9, 2017, representatives from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) will be in attendance for the 2017 Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting in San Francisco.
Find us at booth #722. Stop by to pick up materials with new details about our research, clinical programs and more.
We thank you for your ongoing partnership and look forward to seeing you in California!
Join Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia alumni for a reception on Saturday, May 6, 2017, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., at the InterContinental Hotel, Grand Ballroom A.
The reception is hosted by Joseph W. St. Geme III, MD, Physician-in-Chief; Chair, Department of Pediatrics, and Cindy W. Christian, MD, President of the Alumni Organization.
Please RSVP by Friday, April 21, 2017, by calling 267-426-6457 or via email at email@example.com. Please indicate number of those attending and their names.
CHOP experts at PAS
Many faculty and staff will be in San Francisco to represent Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, both at the booth, as participants and as speakers and presenters.
A sample of presenters and presentation topics include:
- Fran Balamuth, MD, PhD: Estimating the Risk of Shock in ED Pediatric Patients with Suspected Sepsis — Derivation of a Prediction Rule using the PERSEVERE Biomarkers
- Julie Brothers, MD, and Steve Paridon, MD: Exercise and Sports Participation for Children with Congenital Heart Disease — Discussion of New AHA Guidelines
- John Chuo, MD, MS: Telemedicine in Healthcare
- Danielle Cullen, MD, MPH: How Secure are we About Food Insecurity? Screening Families in the Pediatric ED
- Brian Fisher, DO, MPH: Update on Infectious Diseases in the Immunocompromised Child — Risk Stratification for Children with Chemotherapy-induced Neutropenia Who Present with Fever
- Eron Friedlaender, MD, MPH: Analgesia Administration for Patients with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Emergency Department
- Erum Hartung, MD, MPH: Imaging to Measure Renal Function: How Good are our Estimates?
- Patricia Hicks, MD, MHPE: Accelerating Medical Education Scholarship: From Idea to Publication
- Christina Master, MD: The Participation of Children and Adolescents in Organized Sports — From the Pre-participation Examination to Return to Play Policies
- David Rubin, MD: Emerging Issues of Healthcare Coverage and Access for Children in Low and Moderate Income Families in the United States
- Jonathan Spergel, MD, PhD: The Evolution of the High-Risk Child for Developing Allergic Disease
- Joe Zorc, MD, MSCE: Balancing Standardization Versus Individualization and Future Directions for Bronchiolitis Therapies
Resources for clinicians
Visit www.chop.edu/professionals for more. If you have questions or would like to request any educational materials, please contact us at any time.
Below are just a few of our many educational videos developed for both physicians and patient families. Check out our YouTube channel for a full library of videos from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Watch CHOP physicians demonstrate how to perform specific evaluations on children and teens. Topics include abdominal exams, evaluations for concussion and stroke, exam of normal and abnormal thyroid, and a variety of orthopedic exams.
A library of videos produced or recommended by CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center answer common questions about vaccines. Topics include age groups and vaccines, safety and science, recent vaccine developments, the HPV vaccine and more.
Watch select videos from CHOP highlighting the latest advances in research and care, milestones, clinical programs, management of specific conditions, and an inside look at CHOP.
Have a question about CHOP’s participation at PAS? Email PhysicianReferralSer@email.chop.edu.
To refer a patient, get a second opinion, or for a general conversation with a CHOP specialist, call our clinician priority line at 1-800-879-2467 (1-800-TRY-CHOP) and press 2 to speak directly with a provider.
You can also reach us via email at TryCHOP@email.chop.edu or fax at 1-844-329-2467 (1-844-FAX-CHOP).
For International Patient Services, call 001-267-426-6298 or contact us online by filling out our International Medicine appointments and questions form.
Stay connected: sign up for newsletters
Get the latest news from our clinical departments and leadership, and hear about upcoming professional education opportunities in our monthly e-newsletter, Pediatric Partners.
Sign up for email updates from Physician Referral Services.