The Main Campus in Philadelphia's University City neighborhood is the heart of the CHOP Care Network. To help find your way around our Main Campus, please refer to our Main Campus maps. We also offer parking information for Main Campus visitors, including parking lot hours and locations.
On our Main Campus you'll find:
- The 546-bed Main Hospital, which is devoted primarily to inpatient care. Special units and capabilities include:
- The Emergency Department, which sees close to 90,000 patients a year and was the first accredited Level 1 Trauma Center for children in the Delaware Valley
- The CHOP Research Institute, with facilities in the Leonard and Madlyn Abramson Pediatric Research Center and the Colket Translational Research Building
- The Richard D. Wood Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center, which houses many outpatient clinical services and serves as a referral center for area pediatricians
- The Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care, which will soon replace the Wood Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center, stands as the nation’s most state-of-the-art facility for outpatient medicine
- Children's Seashore House, a medical care and rehabilitation facility for children with chronic illnesses and severe developmental disabilities