The Voorhees Psychosocial Team is pleased to offer “Transitions: What’s Next After High School,” a free programming series for oncology patients who are in active treatment or up to one year off treatment and who are recent high school graduates or current college students, and their caregivers. The group provides ongoing support throughout the transition from high school to college. The future is calling, and we want to make sure our young adult patients are ready!
This session will feature demonstrations on wellness by our Integrative Health team:
- a registered dietician will discuss cooking quick and easy nutritious meals
- a massage therapist will demonstrate relaxation, self-massage and resiliency techniques
- an acupuncturist will teach acupressure to relieve pain and manage stress
- a yoga therapist will demonstrate the benefits of mindfulness, deep breathing and gentle movement
- Carissa Fleming, MSW, LSW, Oncology Social Worker
- Kaitlin Murtagh, MAEd, Outpatient Education Coordinator
CHOP’s Voorhees Specialty Care Center
1012 Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Please make sure that patients and caregivers who plan to attend register separately.
Contact Kaitlin Murtagh at 609-315-5872 or VNJHematologyOncologyEvents@chop.edu.