Published on in CHOP News
The 52nd annual Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (or Société Internationale d’Oncologie Pédiatrique, aka SIOP) was held online, as a virtual meeting, Oct. 14-17, 2020. SIOP is the only global multidisciplinary society entirely devoted to pediatric and adolescent cancer.
Various members of the Cancer Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) made presentations at SIOP 2020.
- Caroline Diorio, MD, presented two posters, one about flow cytometry in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients and one about the narrative medicine program for fellows that emphasizes the importance of stories in medicine.
- Kaitlin Devine, MD, MS, and Hiroto Kiguchi, MD, presented a poster.
- Hannah-Lise Schofield, PhD, and Rebecca Madden presented a poster on the study “Neurocognitive Dysfunction in Hematopoietic Cell Transplant Recipients.”
- Sarah Tasian, MD, chaired a poster discussion session for developmental therapeutics.
Presented an abstract:
- Stephen Hunger, MD, presented an abstract on “Final Results of CA CA180-372/COG AALL1122 Phase 2 Trial of Dasatinib and Chemotherapy in Pediatric Patients with Newly Diagnosed Philadelphia Chromosome Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (PH+ All).”
Presenting on panel:
- Lamia Barakat, PhD, presented on panel for psychometric properties of COVID-19 exposure for families.
Presented a session: